View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 11:59 PM
caley

vCash: 500
There was one little play in the third period, that I'm sure you'll see about a million times in the week leading up to the draft. With his team down three, McKinnon gets the puck, steams into the offensive zone and one defenceman fends him off and Jones comes in and puts him down on the ice and, to me, it seemed like such a perfect summation of how it's going to stack up at the end of the year: McKinnon, a very good player having a very good year, being shut down by Seth Jones.

My faves of the night were Dauphin, Hartman, Petan (I'd be very surprised if he wasn't a 1st round pick by June.

I'm hoping that after they win the Stanley Cup, the Oilers manage to snag Curtis Lazar at the tail end of the first round because that guy just screams 'solid player who'll stick in the NHL for a long time'. Even tonight, when he wasn't producing offensively, he was in there grinding away, even getting in a fight with a much larger opponent, holding his own, and laughing about it afterwards. The kid just seems to love to play hockey.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote