View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:14 AM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
Just thought I'd bring this one back from the beginning of last season. Seems Hartley might have agreed with this sentiment. He had Iggy on the PK in camp today and apparently had a conversation about it with the Captain before the lockout. (By the way, has everyone noticed all coaches evidently have been asked not to refer to it as a 'lockout' but a 'work stoppage' to make the league look like less of a bully?)

I'm hoping with this shortened season, getting Iggy engaged in all aspects of the game will get him going earlier. Conditioning hasn't been a problem for him as much as timing, and hopefully the offense can be spread around a little more if Backs is clicking on a scoring line and Cervenka and Hudler return and get going. So Jarome won't have to play all of his 20 mins 5-on-5 and on the PP to shoulder the load.
You decided to find and bump a two year old thread to discuss this? Really?

I'm still against it. We have better players for it. Tanguay, Glencross, Backlund, Jones, Stempniak, Comeau, Jackman, Stajan are probably all better defensively.

And if for no other reason I don't want him on the PK simply because the likelyhood of him being injured blocking a shot goes up exponentially.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote