View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:15 AM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm thinking that if the Kings move Bernier, it will be around the trade deadline (which will in April this year) or during the off-season. The Kings will have a better idea of Quick's durability by the time the trade deadline rolls around. They can then address whatever it is that the team needs at that point to gear up for another deep playoff run.

Bernier's value may also increase next offseason depending on how certain goalies perform this season. If Crawford struggles in Chicago and Reimer fails to capture the starting role in Toronto, that can start a bidding war for Bernier. No sense in rushing into a decision now, especially when the only immediate need on the roster is someone to fill in for Willie Mitchell, and bringing in a replacement is only a temporary solution. We all know that Lombardi isn't going to trade Bernier for a rental.
Totally agree! Plus having just watched the CHL prospects game I would like to see LA wait til maybe even the draft to move Bernier. Some solid youngsters with top 6 potential and Ryan Hartman reminds me of a young Dustin Brown

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote