View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:31 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post

Mantha has a lot of upside, but having seen him twice this weekend and again tonight, he has high bust potential. His decision-making with the puck is worrisome, and he's often invisible on the ice. I could see him becoming a very frustrating player to watch. I wouldn't wanna take a chance early on him and miss out on my first rounder, especially this year.

Subban is an exciting and intriguing talent, but he played zero defense. I don't know if it's usually the case but he was dead set on jumping the play every chance he could get.
Mantha is a goal scorer. A James Neal. Scoring goals will be his bread and butter. He's going to have to learn that trying to beat a D 1v1 at the other level (or against better competition) won't cut it.

Also, I thought Subban had an active stick while playing defense. I wasn't focusing on him all night but I don't recall seeing him getting beat 1v1. Coaches will have to teach him when to jump in the play like that. The knock on him is his size and defensive plays.