Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I agree with you 100%. In order of who should sit first, this is how I'd do it:

Alberga
Marcantuoni
Meighan
Ming
Sterk
Llewellyn

My point is, Darby definitely should play. He has out-played anyone above his name on that list this year AND he's 16, so it's more important for his development.

But as the games get tougher and more important, I expect Spott to fall back into the trap siding with veteran experience.

If we are going to get the two scratches from the 6 players you've listed, then here are their point totals over the four games following the trades:

Sterk - 6 pts
Ming - 5 pts
Meighan - 4 pts
Llewellyn - 2 pts
Alberga - 1 pt
Marcantuoni - 0 pts

Spott says it's important to get balanced scoring across the 4 lines so with that in mind, we can't take Meighan, Ming, or Sterk out of the lineup considering their output. Also, we have to scratch Marcantuoni because he hasn't been producing - and that's after playing with top six forwards. That takes us down to a decision between Alberga and Llewellyn.

As a veteran, Alberga is more poised defensively and is therefore valuable in that role vs the other team's top lines and on the PK. But Llewellyn has played mostly with Meighan and Bailey on the 4th line and taking him out of the lineup in favor of Alberga may be a mistake since that line has been hot lately. (Bailey has 5 points in the past four games)

Scratching Alberga and MM sends the message that Spott is willing to scratch anyone - even veterans, if they aren't performing as they should. Therefore, here are my lines for Friday night;

Puempel - Faksa - Shoenmakers
Leivo - Rieder - Thomson
Pederson - Sterk - Ming
Llewellyn - Meighan - Bailey

Hopefully, Puempel and Faksa find some chemistry together. Shoenmakers provides the grit/muscle.

Leivo and Rieder played well together lately. Rieder gets a shot at center. Thomson rides shotgun on the right side.

Those 3rd and 4th lines have played well together lately. Leave them alone!!