View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
But the thing is, this doesn't jibe with what I saw watching Grigo at WJC and the occasional Q hilite. He sets up his linemates so often it's ridiculous and they do so little with those opportunities at that level. He looks like one of those "thinking man's" players like an Adam Oates, who, when given better players to work with, plays better, and helps them play better by playing to their strengths.

I think I had a little observation about Grig not long after the draft, after reading the story of how he arrived in Canada speaking no English (or French for that matter) only 1 year prior. And here's this guy giving a more coherent interview at the draft than half the imports in the league. It might be that he's just a friggin' smart guy. Maybe he thinks the game at a high level because he just thinks at a high level. Guys like that can get frustrated by dumb***t linemates and tend to look pouty/floaty/lazy (sound familiar from Q?) or think, **** it, I'll do it myself (sound familiar from Q?)

There's precedents in the league, like Ken Dryden. If this is indeed the case, I hope gets some clue linemates and doesn't get bored like Ken did.

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote