View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Mats86

vCash: 500
Okay, my thoughts on the Top Prospects Games. One of the best TPG ever. Going to be a great draft. Definitely best draft since been doing TPG. Good to see Mike McPhee again, he sure has changed since his playing days. Would not have recognized him if met him.

- Drouin may be a bit overhyped. Not the player I was expecting after reading some posts on here this year. But, every year always a few top ones who get overhyped.

- Monahan similar to Drouin. Was expecting more, they are good but not future stars.

- Petan going to be better than we been hearing. Close to Drouin in skill. I think Drouin got more hype because of linemates. Petan can put the points up.

- Morin was impressive with, has it all, size, wheels, toughness. Won't be much difference between him, Zadorov or Jones. Jones may ink out a bit more offernse but Morin/Zadarov could be dominating physical d-men in NHL someday.

- Erne I liked, has a shot and knack for being in right place at right time. Going to be a good NHLer someday.

- Mantha I was less impressed with. I think his hype this year maybe due to him being a year older than most other draftees. Very lackadaisal, no hustle, if he made his feet move he would be a star though.

- Gauthier, similar to Mantha, too laid back- no hustle. Mantha and Gauthier reminds me of former Hab Latendresse.

- Subban is better than I thought. Can skate with puck and create scoring chances will be ticket to NHL. So small be different player than PK though.

- Domi has a little spit and energy to him, hands good enough to be decent 2nd line NHL center someday.

- Nurse going to be a good one also, not the level of a Jones or Morin. But roughed, solid, he was caught off guard by a lefty in a fight. Common for 18 year old though.

- Dauphin suprised me, never heard of him before. One of those guys we hear at this game and keep an eye on for rest of year.