View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
It was regarding Murray walking away from free agents. He'd have been trading these two for them, so my point was that there was a reason for walking away beyond simply the price they were asking - there was no point unless they were an upgrade. Sort of a non-specific "you", not you personally, sorry about the confusion.

Ryan isn't a comparable. There would have been substantial compensation in draft picks. It's easy to stick to your guns when the other guy with the dump truck full of money knows they are going to lose multiple 1sts if they unload the truck.

I'm certainly not saying they'll sign either or both. I'm just saying there's been zero situations that actual compare to this one, so anyone saying Murray is going to act in any specific fashion is overstating.
I never said that he was definitely sticking to his guns. I said that we shouldn't expect him to throw out max term contracts just because Lamiorello did or because we want to keep them. I acknowledged that this time may be different.