Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 03:46 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
saying weiss isn't a big loss is laughable. he's our best forward...anytime you (potentially) lose your best forward, it's a big loss.

he's not a true #1 center, but hes OUR #1 center until proven otherwise. and if he leaves...MARCEL FRIGGEN GOC becomes our #1 center.

if you don't think Weiss is a true #1 center, well, i don't even know what to tell you about Goc playing that role

Bjugstad and Shore are good prospects, but they're prospects. If you're counting on them to be a #1 C right off the bad you're setting them up to fail, which is something Tallon/Santos stressed over and over that they WILL NOT DO

so if weiss for whatever reason leaves, he BETTER be replaced or i'll be absolutely furious. this is no where near the same situation as Garrison. Weiss is a far more valuable player than Garrison is, and we were far more equipped to replace him than we are Weiss, both now and in the future.

that being said, i think weiss will stay. not for that much, but if he gets $5m x 5 yrs, i think he'll stay.

what a terrible contract by jersey though, jesus...and it's even worse when you consider the salary cap is actually going to be lower next year and beyond (teams are allowed to spend to $70m right now)

Lou

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote