View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 05:14 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Agreed.

It's amazing how quickly money will make people change their tune. The Leafs signed Mikael *** Grabovski for over $5 Million a year. You're not going to give Weiss that kind of money after he's shown so much loyalty and has actually been serviceable his ENTIRE CAREER. How many Panthers can actually say that?

Weiss is the kind of guy that, because he plays in Florida, no one cares. But as soon as he signs with Toronto/Montreal/Detroit/Pittsburgh he automatically becomes one of the best 2nd line centers in the league. I understand he is just a second line center, but keeping Weiss means keeping stability. All the successful franchises in sports PREACH stability. Weiss has been loyal to us, and there is no reason to NOT repay him with a big fat contract.

Eventually Weiss will drop back to the 2nd line center role when Bjugstad develops. But until then we have no clear player to fill that role. The difference in our team with Weiss in the lineup and out of the lineup is huge. We play better has a unit with him on the ice.

I think Weiss is irreplaceable. He scores, plays great defense, has a good shot, passes well, can beat defenders, throws the occasional hit, plays PP and PK.

I really can't believe some of you. If we trade or let Stephen go to free agency, it will be a sad, sad day in Pantherland for many. I hope one day to see that #9 raised to the rafters. He truly is a Panther.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote