View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 05:19 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I went to the game, here's what I thought.

MacKinnon was easily the best forward for team Cherry. Looked very dangerous coming down the wing, but was very unselfish with the puck, which I was disappointed in.

Jo Drouin... Was that you Jo? Probably made only a handful of bad passes in his whole career in Halifax, and matched that in the second period tonight. Wasn't thinking the game like he did at the WJC or here with the Moose ... Tried to hit more often than he does in junior, maybe trying to show the scouts physical readiness ... Anyways, it wasn't working for him.

Seth didn't do anything to make him stand out ... Obviously you're not going to be wowed every game, and a lot of people expect the world each night from Nathan and Seth which is unfair, but nothing tremendous ... Certainly is calm with the puck and an excellent skater.

Now for the others, that aren't the "Big dogs" ...

Darnell Nurse - First live viewing of him, and I'm impressed ... Easy to see why he's mentioned in the potential for top 10. Tough as nails, good puck skills, and was easily the best D for grapes, and in the game IMO ...

Nikita Zadorov - Very fun to watch. Not much offensively, but pasted several guys along the wall ... Big physical player, top 20 pick.

Mirco Mueller - Never heard of him, but he made his presence felt for me this week. Great skater, and so poised with the puck ... Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the early stages of round 2, late first tops.

Ryan Hartman - I was drooling at the thought of him playing with Nate and Jo regularly lol ... Very physical and has a good shot, really fun to watch tonight.

Valentin Zykov and Fred Gauthier - Big, skilled with the puck, just didn't seem to know what to do when (they) got in the offensive zone.

Max Domi - Looks very small out there, but is pretty strong. Great hands, but may be the most hated player by Moose fans for his dirty cross check on MacKinnon lol ... One of the top forwards for Orr tonight.

Adam Erne - Always impressed with him as I've seen him a lot, but tonight showed how well he can drive the puck to the net. Can't see him slipping outside the top 15.

Laurent Dauphin - Wondering why he wasn't on the team originally. Best player out there, and with his play in Chicoutimi he's done everything in his power to improve his draft stock.

Goalies - Jarry and Martin were great. Poor Fucale. Made several spectacular saves and looked like 2012 playoff Fucale, but was the only goalie with a GA, and 3 at that ... No chance on the Erne goal, and the defense kind of backed off the 2nd one ... I'll always try and defend him lol, too bad though.

Overall, didn't like the game. No flow on Cherry's side, and there weren't enough offensively minded forwards on the team to create a lot of quality scoring chances ... White was better on paper, and they showed it ... Don't know if I would like to see this seven times lol ....

Once in a lifetime experience in our hometown though, so I can't complain.
Very nice post.

The more I watch Hartman the more I think he'll be somewhere between Hartnell and Clowe.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote