Thread: Jamie Benn
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Just because Krejci doesn't go 100 mph with the puck doesn't mean lack of effort. I'm sort of gobsmacked that anyone would think that way after watching him play on a regular basis, but if that's the popular opinion, it would explain a lot.
Like I said, admittedly stated that I questioned whether I`m seeing things right or not but my "impression" is far too often that he`s gliding, not putting forth the effort.

I love his skill set, what I`d love to see is him use that skill set, and move that puck quicker at certain times. I noticed often last year, defenseman play him differently than we`ve seen in the past knowing that the odds are, he wasn`t going to either take the puck outside (doesn`t have blazing speed but) or move the puck up ice, he was going to gain the blueline, then immediately stop, I`d like to see him mix it up more.

I don`t think it`s popular opinion that he doesn`t play hard, I have long been in the minority here with my personal assessment (totally untrained) about him, I think that he, like many, has stretches where he appears disinterested. Having seen him play all out during that Cup run, I know that he`s capable of bringing more on a consistent basis, that`s all I want, and I don`t expect him to be an 80-90pt player, not on this team with a roll 4 line mentality.

Only one player in my years of watching this game had the ability to slow things down and make the right play constantly, he wore 99# and I`m not sure we`ll ever see another like em

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote