Thread: Speculation: Ken Holland less than confident
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 08:34 AM
RedMachine87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
I heard Ken Holland on 97.1's Inside Hockeytown and he sounded like he was less than confident. When asked if the goal was still to win the cup we waffled and stuttered. He sounded apologetic and kept talking about parity. He mentioned over and over that we are competing with 30 teams now for talent and there isn't much to go around. Has Holland conceded that the run is over?
It's just rhetoric dude. Holland, like most intelligent GMs, is only going to say what is expected. He isn't going to come out and say something that puts a target on his club's back or promises something that may never happen.

I've also seen quotes from him saying he thought this Wings team could be one of the best in the Western Conference again if things go well. And, if they struggle (which would be mostly on account of a weak defense IMO) then he'll have some work to do.

I love all these ultra pessimistic/optimistic comments when the Wings haven't even played one game yet. Let's watch a few before all you Holland haters start b******* again.

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote