View Single Post
Old
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Injuries are a part of the game, they had that trojan horse Gerber also for the first 2 games didnt they? Tireless hard work and talent payed off, nothing wrong with admitting it.
Injuries are part of the game...the kind of one sided referring you saw in the 1st round is unexcusable and if something good can come out of this then perhaps stiffer penalties on High Sticks wether they result in an injury or not...I've played hockey and somehow I've never had "brain cramps" that resulted in high sticking someone by "accident"...you usually see the same guys do the high sticking. Hell I'd make the penalties stiff enough that on first few infractions you only get a 2 minute penalty....10th infraction (within the same season) get a 1 game suspension, 11th infraction 5 games, 12th infraction 10 games, 13th infraction your out the rest of the regular season & playoffs.
10 high sticks in a season should be enough for most "accidentals" and if you get more than that then you apparently need time off to cool for one or more games