Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Looking at Cap Geek, the Caps currently have 5 forwards that are playing for their next contract this season (Ribeiro, Wolski, Fehr, Hendricks and Crabb) along with 4 defenseman playing for their next contract (Hamrlik, Poti, Erskine, Hillen).

I would think Orlov and possibly Schilling joining the defense ranks next season and perhaps Wey the year after. The 4 that I listed, their play this season will certainly dictate whether to resign them for next year, but right now not overly enthusiastic about seeing any of them in a Caps sweater next season, though we definitely will need to have an experience d-man added to Orlov and Schilling for next year.

Regards to the forwards, the Forsberg/Kuznetsov watch will certainly play a role regarding the roster changes for the next two years. I can't imagine Wilson cracking the line up until probably 2014. Again the play of the listed 5 will have a lot to say.

That's 9 roster positions that will be in play, that's a good number of possible changes occurring to this team in the next 8 to 9 months.