Our team right now (lineups etc).
View Single Post
01-17-2013, 08:41 AM
100% Less Babcock
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the Tubes
Originally Posted by
I really don't understand the logic of even pondering the notion of dealing Franzen.
1. His contract is cap-friendly
2. for what he brings, he's worth every buck
3. He has notched 28-34 goals in 3 of the past 4 seasons and he was actually on pace to hit 30 in the year he was hurt.
4. 2/4 years he's been a playoff BEAST, 2/4 years no one on our team did **** in the playoffs
5. you want to remove the only big, rugged, physical forward with a scoring touch and more then likely replace him with either prospects, picks or a player who is without a doubt smaller.
Even pondering it is just asinine to me at this point.
1. Cap-friendly, yes. Potential CBA-related issues down the road friendly, not so much.
2. I agree for the most part; the only thing I (and others) want to see is a little more consistency.
3. He was also playing with Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg the entire time -- I'd hope he'd at least be scoring that much.
4. Well, we could always use the old "Hudler" argument for the years he put up great numbers: "Those teams were stacked!!"
5. Big, sure, but rugged and physical might be a bit of a stretch. Besides, "big, rugged, and physical" doesn't automatically make you a lock to score 30+ goals, and there are plenty of smaller guys who produce more with top-6 minutes.
For the money, yeah, Franzen isn't a bad deal, but that wasn't really the point in even bringing him up.
Also, I don't really care if you think discussing a Franzen trade is "asinine" or not, but you should probably keep that kind of comment to yourself. There are a lot of people on these boards, and everyone has differing opinions; just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make their opinion "asinine."
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by RedMenace