View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
thats actually i really good point cause i think PK is more than just our #1 D. He's the heart of the team and he's doing what every kid in this city dreams of. Grows up cheering for the team and hopes to one day play for this team.

but if i may play devils advocate here, (cause i like your point), even though the habs use pk for his popularity for marketing and stuff, does a team like the montreal canadiens actually need him to make money? If this was any other team outside montreal and toronto, i'd say yes but reality is they could use tom pyatt as a poster boy and they'd have no problem
I was referring more to how they use him ON the ice...not how they're market him off of it, because he does a pretty good job of that himself lol

But the Habs have used PK Subban the last 2 years like a #1 dman, partly because of injuries but also because they felt he deserved it.

Just like they richly rewarded Josh Gorges, I think it's only normal they should do the same with PK Subban.

I get why they're hesitant to commit long term money to him...but it contradicts what message they're sending to him ON the ice.