View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm thinking that if the Kings move Bernier, it will be around the trade deadline (which will in April this year) or during the off-season. The Kings will have a better idea of Quick's durability by the time the trade deadline rolls around. They can then address whatever it is that the team needs at that point to gear up for another deep playoff run.

Bernier's value may also increase next offseason depending on how certain goalies perform this season. If Crawford struggles in Chicago and Reimer fails to capture the starting role in Toronto, that can start a bidding war for Bernier. No sense in rushing into a decision now, especially when the only immediate need on the roster is someone to fill in for Willie Mitchell, and bringing in a replacement is only a temporary solution. We all know that Lombardi isn't going to trade Bernier for a rental.
On other hand if Reimer and Crawford play more like 2010/11 selfs then both those teams probably drop out of Bernier sweepstakes

I think Hawks/Kings are best fit but dont think Hawks would be willing to move our 2013 1st (Hawks already lack 2nd/3rd rounders) nor any of our top prospects (Saad/TT/Danault)

I think Hawks could offer a reasonable deal at deadline this year since we can at least provide Kings with vet backup to take spot of Bernier (Emery)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote