View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Brad Richards is one of the best PPQBs in the game, on the right point.

In order for him to be successful there, he needs a left shooting playmaker on the right side of the ice. Like LeCav in Tampa and Riberio in Dallas. That is a MUST. Gabby cannot pin that thinking process down. We saw that sooooooooo many times last season.

Looking at posts above, I see some that jus throws names out there with no explanation how they would formats themselves on the ice. The PP is very simple, but it requires fundamental structures. A left shooting playmaker on the right side mostly working out with the right point or a right shooting playmaker on the left side mostly working out with the left point. Look at ANY successful PP. This is a HUGE problem for us. HUGE. We are forced to rely on Stepan and MDZ on the left side while we dont take full use of BR. Last year our PP was one of the worst I the league be because we didn't have the personal to put a by-the-book-PP on the ice. Our PP definitely could have been like top 10-15 had Derek Stepan just been a left shooting forward, which would have enabled us to use him on the right side close to BR.

Can Nash be that player that along with BR can figure out how to move the puck??? Maybe, but it's not a given.

If not, I would actually consider getting Tim Connoly from TOR on waivers to fill this void. He could replace Halpern 5 on 5 and PP.

PP1
--------------Nash---------
------------net--------------
-----Cally------------------
---------------------Connoly
-Stralman-----------------
----------------BR----------

Pp2
----------------------------
------------net-------------
---------Kreids------------
Step------------------Gabby
--------------------------------
---MDZ-----------McD------

Last edited by Ola: 01-17-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote