Thread: Speculation: Ken Holland less than confident
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
TS Quint

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Franzen fills up the quota for lazy uninspired play.

Although, Semin is far more talented than Franzen.
See this is the crux of Wings fans these days. You have a group who wants to go out and sign the sexy name. The group who would call Holland an idiot for signing the same player. And then there is a group who could belong to either who would call Holland an idiot for paying too much. Same goes for trades. I didn't see many trades at the deadline where I thought "wow what a deal!!". I just see buying teams getting ripped off. People complain about the Q deal, compared to what everyone else was paying for players he was cheap.

I like a lot of our prospects. I wish we had a little more diversity in skill set but maybe that's greedy when I look at other teams who can't develop NHL talent I shouldn't complain. The prospects pool is getting deeper and deeper as Holland promised. I don't see it as a bad thing to ask the prospects to earn their position. If all they are asking is Nyquist has to out play Sammy I don't think that is asking too much. We are adding at least 3 young guys to the roster this year. With the compressed season there will be injuries and Nyquist and Tatar should get their chance. There should be at least one more/ year for the next 3 years. Not many teams can say that about players who will have impact prospects in the next few years. I don't know if I want to ruin this pool of prospects making a deadline trade.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote