Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Goalies waived
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Signature
Unsustainable™

vCash: 50
Well, for all of the instant "let's hate on Feaster" crew that has already begun to pop up, consider this:
I'm quite certain part of the decision to waive Irving could be because of his RFA-conditioned contract at the end of this season.

I believe he becomes a UFA if his pro club does not play him in some 20+ odd games. I'm not sure if that number sees a reduction in the requirement due to the shortened season, but it's as good a reason as any. Trading a player with that kind of conditions under his contract this season as well seems a pretty far-fetched idea as well, since a team could just pick him up for nothing at the end of the season as long as the contract was good enough.

It seems like a lose-lose situation due to the lockout. Karlsson is nothing special. Irving could be, but he hasn't shown confidence in his play, and there's probably no way to fill his contract requirements in order to keep him around as a qualified RFA.

So again, I think this points to signs of Karri Ramo, who by the way, is a much more seasoned and arguably as talented backup option.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote