Thread: Value of: Dave Bolland next contract
View Single Post
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
He didn't flourish at #2 at all last season while the Hawks were trying desperately to fill.

My take on his game, to offset my extremely bias appearing initial post:

- great defensively when the speed of the opposition isn't a factor.
- Too limited offensively to have the versatility to plug a #2 position as he displayed last yr. (maybe he's developed further and takes another step as opposed to WYSIWYG)

I just think referring to him as the best 3th line center in the game today is an exaggeration... and almost unfair for him going into this season with any type of elevated expectation if he's now being slotted on the 2nd line offensive role..

But hey.. he's just 26, and has teased the 20 g plateau a couple times... so there may be some untapped upside there still..

Needless to say, he has the best opportunity of his career to display it right now.
I just don't expect it.
He spent virtually the whole year last year as the #3 center. He did have a 21 or 22 game span on the 2nd line with Hossa in 2011. That was ended when Kubina's elbow concussed Bolland and knocked him out for 2 months. In the 22 games with Hossa I believe he had 21 points. They were on fire playing together. I really don't understand why Q didn't go back to that last year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote