View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JansenHockey View Post
A lot of talk about the 97 Draft. The common thread is they are deep on D with the top players in the OMHA. The forwards group in very shallow. The Alliance could have the most talented player but the whole class is missing a solid combination of size and skill. Maybe the closest to this will come from the GTHL. Goaltending is wide open. Many were counting on a few big bodied tenders to step up its not happening. The "little" ones, less than 6 feet, are showing well. The OMHA has two or three of the top players.

After the top 5 its going to be a wild draft.
I think Adrian Clark and Allan Menary are opening some eyes. Smaller goalies like Michael Christie, Cameron Radford have been impressive. Blake Jesik is having a very good season. I agree its going to be pretty wild.

I think 8 guys right now are locked into the Top 10:
Day
Werenski
Kirwan
Spencer
Strome
Konecny
Mckenzie
Speers - I believe he has grown this year. He appears to be as tall or a little taller than Konecny and his skillset is very close to TRavis. Speers is incredibly smart and works hard and has an excellent one timer. His feet are right up there with Mitchell Stephens. This guy is elite. Come draft day, SPeers should be a lock for the Top 10. I believe he produces right away as a 16 yr old in the OHL with his skillset.