View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
You're proposal for Jamie Benn is really iffy. Its not god awful or anything, but I also don't think their is enough quality there to compensate losing Benn and Morrow. Not to mention the 1st in 2015 is wayy too far in the future to consider it a main piece. Maybe something more like Johannson, Forsberg and a 2013 1st for Benn, but even then I don't think its enough to entice Dallas.

You're proposal for Anaheim wouldn't work for Washington. They sacrifice 3 of their top 6 wingers (IIRC) and their next two seasons worth of top draft picks minus this years first for Ryan and Beauch who is not getting any younger. I would think Washington stays away from this.

You're third one is alright value wise (in a vaccum) except that Colorado doesn't need Neuvirth what with them having Varlamov and all and they don't need to take up two extra roster spots for players that they don't really need.

Essentially, it is alot of quantity (with some quality although) for high level quality players. I think these deals have wayy too much going on with them to really consider them sound offers. Too much roster shuffling this close to a very short season.
If all 3 go through lineup would be

Benn Backstrom Ovechkin
Morrow Ribeiro Ryan
Chimera O'Reilly Winnik
Hendricks Beagle Crabb

Alzner Carlson
Beauchemin Green
Hamrlik Orlov
Poti

Holtby
Giguere

I'd say the holes on offense from losing Laich, Brouwer, etc have been more than filled. Kings are doing fine with basically having no top prospects at this point. Philly and have been doing pretty well. Beauchemin would give 3 solid years, O'Reilly and Benn probably over 5 each depending on contracts. That's 3 years of pretty much not needing anyone else from the farm to step up. I think we just sign AHL vets capable of NHL spot duty like Aucoin or Rosehill and reclamation projects like Wolski for the next 3 years we could withstand injuries for the most part.

I can see flipping the 1sts going to Dallas and Anaheim if that makes it closer.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote