View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
It's an opportunity to see some of the top players go head to head, but no, this isn't make or break it for these guys. It's the total package, from the beginning of the season to the end.

I'd like to think it's over a couple of season's (going back to their pre-draft season) but if that was the case, someone would have drafted Even McEneny last year despite playing only two games Sorry, had to put that in there.

Did anyone help/hurt their stock IMO? Well I'll only speak about the players I know. (in order)

Chris Bigras (pronounced Bee-Graw BTW) really helped his cause. Great game and as you know, been pretty high on him. I think he made the strongest case for himself more than anyone else.

Spencer Martin - Thought he was good when he had to be. You can see he's great in positioning, anticipation - reading plays etc. Rumor has it he's been playing on a sore knee for the last month which is why his stats were down, but he looked in fine form last night.

Bo Horvat - Can see why the kid is on the rise... excellent game and he's basically a third liner in London

Nurse and Subban - what you saw in those two paired together is what you get every night. The fact that they did it on that stage bodes well for both of them - although Subban will have the size issue follow him no matter what he does.
I did, I did!

Bigras looked the best to me, but again, take that from where it comes. I really liked that Morin kid from the "Q" too, but he got turned inside out at one point.

I think Horvat might go top 10. Big , burly center .. dude is a load. Top notch skills were on display too.. I like him with Josh Anderson in the Memorial Cup, but he looks way more imposing on the ice this year...again, take it from where it comes.

Love Nurse, he will be long gone if we have the season we should...but Subban is very intriguing...the announcer said that he had PJ's personality over Malcolms, so not sure if that will turn the Bruins off, but he was very fluid..very quick and moved the puck immediately when under pressure... You told me about him the begining of last year..I can see why you liked him.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote