View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Yes, yes I do know what I'm talking about. I know you want to complete your username, we all want that to happen, but what do you mean by the suggestion of a gap between Pacioretty signing his bridge contract and "now". They're the same thing. This IS his transition contract. As I said, I'd be totally fine with PK getting the same deal. How much was Patches making before this year? It was AHL-level, not transition. I am not asking for PK to get $175,000/year!

Price has proven himself. Plain and simple. He's our best player and has showed the mental temerity to be deserving of his contract. The issue of time of contracts matters. He didn't go UFA to get big money. It was all along seeing how he would do as an RFA and then (now), he gets the big contract (you do know he's been around awhile, right?)
You poor dumb *******.

The contract Patch just signed is his 3rd contract. His bridge contract was 1.75M$/y, for 2 years. When he signed that bridge contract, he hadn't proved anything beyond one half season, and he just came back from a broken neck.

The contract Carey Price just signed is his 3rd contract. His bridge contract was 2.75M/y, for 2 years, When he signed that bridge contract, he hadn't proven much. He had been upstaged by Halak for a whole year and did not play in the playoffs.

Both now have signed their 3rd contract after proving themselves.

PK Subban is signing his 2nd contract now. He is in a much, much, much, much better position than Patch or Price both were when they signed their respective 2nd contract. Unless you don't understand what a ****ing "bridge contract" is and you actually think the recent signings with 67 and 31 are those.