Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
would i trade 7 roster players plus two first round first round picks from the last draft for one player? no. neither would pittsburgh. it cant happen.

if you want holmgren, you can be a flyers fan. holmgren's wheeling and dealing is in part because that fan base is conditioned to get major moves and they turn against their team. those moves have not won them a cup since greg joly played for the caps. they have certainly not won a cup in mcphee's term.

i will say that the dramatic moves of trading richards and carter certainly stirred up the flyer fan base. but its richards and carter getting cup rings and not the flyers.
No, I really thought it could happen IRL. You got me there.

Fehr, Wolski, Perreault, Schultz, Erskine, Hillen, Hamrlik. That's 7 roster players. There's nothing in the world you'd trade them for if it meant them leaving at once. Even if you're getting like 4 roster players back, so it's not like you're going into a game with 13 skaters. Got it.

Holmgren has had inarguably more success then McPhee since the lockout. Conference final, Stanley cup final. Stanley cup if he's not a retard when it comes to goaltending. No presidents' trophy though. The Carter trade was genius. The Richards trade may yet pay off. You can laugh all you want but he has more to show for it than we do for our hoarding ways. And probably will again this year.

Okay, not Holmgren? How about Lombardi? Their farm is pretty bare. I bet Kings fans are crying themselves to sleep over their best prospect being Tyler Toffoli. Doug Wilson's too. But I forgot, Sharks choke a lot (even though they tend to go further than us in the playoffs in their sleep) so his approach is also laughable.