View Single Post
01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
vCash: 500
I'm looking forward to the move to Brooklyn and I'll tell you why. I have never been to a game at Nassau because of the lack of public transportation to NVMC. I live in the Bronx. I don't own a car, so I have to take a subway to the LIRR to a bus to get to the arena. That's almost a 2 hr trip and about 30.00 + before I even get to the arena. That's money I could be using for a beer (I keed, I keed).

When I go to watch the Isles play, I go to The Rock or to the Garden. As a visitor, you really can't cheer your team unless you want a beer bath and that's pretty sad, but that's a different story for a different thread. I would like to watch my team play as the home team for once and hang out with Islander fans.

Yes, I am a bit sad that the Isles are leaving LI. I grew up watching Bossy, Trots, Smith, LaFontaine, Pilon, Ziggy play in LI. That's history and memories, but like a lot of you have already mentioned, Wang tried to keep them on LI and Nassau said no more than once, so I will not be shedding a tear when they leave. I would love to see where Hempstead will generate the revenue that will be going to Brooklyn.

As much as I like new buildings, some don't do it for me. I prefer old Yankee Stadium to the new one, yet I prefer Citi to Shea. I have yet to visit Barclays, but from I hear of it, it's a great arena.

So, I am hoping they can be in Brooklyn by next year. I will only have to take 1 train to get there from the Bronx. Yes, it's a 45 min train ride, but at least it's 1 train and I cross a street and I'm there.

I'm hoping the Islanders do add Brooklyn and Queens to the logo, but just because we are moving to Brooklyn doesn't mean they forget the past. I do not think they will either.

I'm sorry Lost is sad that the Isles are leaving. My only advice to you is to just deal with it and support the team like I and everyone else will once the move takes place.

Bossyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote