Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
come on....nobody is going to trade one good player for 3 7th defensemen and 3 4th line forwards and a backup goalie.

in the real world the caps are not going to turn their team upside down by shipping off 1/3 of their roster with pieces off from the top to bottom of the lineup.

if you like holmgren's moves, the you would be excited to see mcphee trade ovechkin and backstrom on two consecutive days. eh?
Depends. Did they do something to force Leonsis's hand? If so, what are we getting back?

I'd be absolutely thrilled if he traded Green and Laich on consecutive days and got a Couturier and Voracek for Green and a solid top 4 defenseman for Laich. If you notice Philly was a much improved team from 2010-2011. And that's with Bryzgalov being a bigger bust than anyone thought he'd be.

Ovechkin and Backstrom is a bit of disingenious comparison though. Semin and Green from the young guns days is closer. Philly did keep Giroux after all.

This is all fantasy obviously (like every single thing ever posted on this board). I showed you the players going out, and the players coming in. If you see any defects with the projected lineup feel free to point them out. I think it's the best lineup in the league for the next 3 years at least. All players gotten back would be long term acquisitions. This isn't trading for Pronger to let him walk after a year (which you'd have been fine for, I'd have been too). Hershey would be bad, but Pittsburgh, Philly, SJ and LA did fine with bare cupboards when they were in win now modes. It certainly didn't cripple them.