View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:51 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Like I said before, if the Sharks are in playoff contention by the TDL, I don't see DW trading Murray. You don't trade depth defenseman for picks if you are contending, and the only teams that will want Murray at the deadline are contending teams (hence they'll probably only offer picks).
I feel that Condra would help this team just as much as Murray can. I actually feel comfortable with Braun as our #6, and that Condra helps bolster our bottom lines. But I agree with you that I doubt Murray will get traded at all simply as an insurance to any injuries on D.

However at the deadline if our 3rd/4th lines clearly need help, and Murray is playing like he did last year, I think it'd be prudent for Wilson to shop him around. Unlike you, however, I think that there are contending teams willing to send us a depth forward for Murray (ie. Condra, Hagelin, etc.)

If Murray returns to form, and I hope he will, he most definitely WON'T be traded. Right now, I would like the Sharks to re-sign Dominic Moore (1- year, $1.5 million-ish) and keep Murray and see how things go from there.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote