Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
would i trade 7 roster players plus two first round first round picks from the last draft for one player? no. neither would pittsburgh. it cant happen.

if you want holmgren, you can be a flyers fan. holmgren's wheeling and dealing is in part because that fan base is conditioned to get major moves and they turn against their team. those moves have not won them a cup since greg joly played for the caps. they have certainly not won a cup in mcphee's term.

i will say that the dramatic moves of trading richards and carter certainly stirred up the flyer fan base. but its richards and carter getting cup rings and not the flyers.
LOL. That's myopic, Tex. Flyers have been to how many Cup finals in the last 30 years?

Lets see, by my count they have been to 9 Eastern Conference Finals (to our 2), and 4 Stanley Cup Finals (to our 1).

Sure, they havent won one since 1975 (and have 2 over all...to our ZERO), but to scoff at the Flyers playoff history is stupid.

I used the 30years window as the Caps started becoming NHL relevant in 1982. So the shoe fits.