Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Also some more thoughts to consider on Holmgren.

He kept Hartnell since getting him. He kept Briere. Coburn. Timonen. If you're a character guy who fits into the plan and plays his guts out in the postseason, Holmgren will keep you around. Their lineup has a lot to like. Not one flaky forward in the vein of Wolski, Fehr, Johansson or Perreault. Top 2 lines have good chemistry and are on the same page, Schenn brothers, Couturier is already an exceptional defensive C and will only get better. I think he surpasses Richards in 3 years as the latter starts to decline. Carter and Richards were traded for being massive Dbags, pretty much forced by Snyder, and got respectable return that's keeping Philly competitive. Gagne was cast away for peanuts but he sucked from that year onward. I'd gladly make an avatar bet that Giroux does not get traded until, at best, the deadline before the end of his next (8 year) contract.

Also, had they managed to pry Weber out of Poile's cold dead hands, I don't think anyone would be laughing at them right now.