View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He wasn't very good at fighting last year, and he could barely keep up with people to be tough. Most of his fights weren't decisive victories, and Prust still had to take on plenty of bigger guys. Last years Rupp simply wasn't worth 1.5. Hopefully it was the knee and he can have a better year.

Talk about foolish? Get out of here. Paying guys like Rupp 1.5 is the epitome of foolish when we have so many more important players to keep. But go ahead, act like it isn't a concern if his play doesn't improve.

I'm fully hoping he improves. If he doesn't, though, it's a problem. That's all i'm saying. Acting like it wouldn't be a concern is just sweeping the issue under the rug.
Brad Richards wasnt worth his contract either if thats the type of measurement you're using. What about the leadership aspect? As SBOB mentioned, Rupp is a well-liked, experienced voice in the room - as is Richards. Theres intrinsic value in there. As a Ranger fan, you dont need to go back to far to see what a room containing no or toxic leadership gets you.

And yes, I think it is a bit foolish to complain about Mike Rupp and his salary, trying to frame it like it could be the big factor in not signing the younger players.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote