Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
ok...its myopic. they havent won a cup still. they trade richards and carter to change the team and in part to make room for bryzgalov's salary. now half the flyers fan base wants bryz run out of town. already.

anyway...the question "wonder if any of this could happen". my answer is no. if it happens, i will say i am wrong. i said they couldnt trade clark and he got traded. i was wrong. wrong. i can say it again.

edit: yes. the flyers have 2 to the caps ZERO. i say again ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that said....they won the 2nd in the caps first season and havent won anymore than the caps have since. i wasnt even in high school the last time flyers won a stanley cup.
LOL. I like the response

You're right, it wont happen....all those trades. But the point is more that it would be "nice" were something like that to happen. Something aggressive to help this team give it a real shot at the cup.

I know GMGM "kind of" tried going into last season. He signed Ward, Hamrlik, and Vokoun (am I missing someone?)...oh yeah, and traded for Brouwer.

And then this off-season...crickets, for the most part.

We have a LOT of assets that could fetch some amazing NHL talent now, to give our star players -- Ovechkin/Backstrom-- a better chance to be ring bearers now. Halpys listed those assets, and its impressive.

But, we sit.