View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
He's not a franchise guy, and nobody is saying that.

Point is, we keep giving away NHL ready, cap friendly d-men due to our supposed NHL depth, even though we complain like mad that our d is suspect to begin with.

Corey Potter, while no blue chip prospect, was playing very good D for the Oilers and actually running their PP.

It still pisses me off that Jason Garrison isn't wearing a Penguins uniform. It was between Florida and the Pens, but he chose Florida because he knew he'd get more playing time because you know, we have Paul Martin and his ilk in the lineup.

You can check my history, and I was repeatedly saying last year that "If Strait isn't in a Pens uniform next year, I'm going to be very pissed"

Needless to say, I'm pissed.
I know nobody is saying he's a franchise guy. I'm saying that's how people are acting.

I can understand being pissed about Strait, opinions differ, I don't see the big deal about him, never did really.

About Jason Garrison, he went home, he would have probably done the same thing if he was a Penguins also, so it's really a "whatever" type of thing. If you're referring to Garrison's professional start, he was signed in 2008 while Martin was still a Devil, if you're talking about 2010, Pittsburgh didn't have much top 4 depth and needed to improve. Garrison had 40 career NHL games while Martin and Michalek were established top 4 defensemen.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote