View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
On other hand if Reimer and Crawford play more like 2010/11 selfs then both those teams probably drop out of Bernier sweepstakes

I think Hawks/Kings are best fit but dont think Hawks would be willing to move our 2013 1st (Hawks already lack 2nd/3rd rounders) nor any of our top prospects (Saad/TT/Danault)

I think Hawks could offer a reasonable deal at deadline this year since we can at least provide Kings with vet backup to take spot of Bernier (Emery)
I think if DL can get a copmparible offer from outside the conference he takes it. Bernier has a big chance of biting us in the ass if we deal him to a conference foe. I could see CHicago having to pay more than say Toronto as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Calgary is putting Karlson and Irving on waivers today. Kings might want to take a look for a little depth in Manchester if they fall through waivers.
Irving hasn't played much this year. I think he'll clear. If he does clear though I'd be for us picking him up in a trade so we can have him in the system as an option in the event of injury. That kid was lights up in junior and I always felt he had what it took to be an NHL number one. His big problem was always between his ears, especially with the issue of confidence in himself. Gets down on himself to much at times and it affects his play. A pep talk with JQ could help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
Why shake things up that much after winning the Cup? This core works, let's not mess with it.
Let's also not get to complacent. If we have a chance to move out Penner and bring in Kessel, I'm all for that (obviously we'd need to add substancially to that package). You can't just expect the same results with the same players to be guaranteed. Tinking a bit is ok. It also keeps players on their toes. Read the comments about complacency under Terry Murray that players had. Change to DS and this started to improve.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote