01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Thoughts from last night:

- Sean Monahan just doesn't impress me. I loved the kid when I watched him as a 15 or 16 year old (don't remember which tournament it was exactly, or when exactly). But since that time, he just doesn't stand out to me. Yeah, he's well rounded, but I don't think I've ever seen him take over a game offensively or really stand out in any other way. Not sure why he's constantly being talked about as a top 4-5 pick.

- Darnell Nurse reminds me a lot of Duncan Siemens. Both big, mean and great skaters. Could see some teams liking Darnell in their top 10.

- For me, Seth Jones was far and away the best player on the ice during the top prospects game. Dominant at both ends.

- Other players who stood out for me were: Erne, Zadorov, Horvat, Martin, Jarry, Petan, Bowey, Morin, Bailey, Subban and Lazar's left hand.
You obviously don't watch many 67's games, that much is clear.

Monahan is often the best player on the ice for both teams. He control's the tempo of the game extremely well, he's got a great shot, tremendous vision and elite 3 zone play. That's why he's ranked so high.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote