View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
MrHockey1982

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Pen's fan here. I'm not sure how one quantifies "dirtiest team in the league last season" so I can't really speak to that. I will say though that I was embarrassed by many of the Penguins' reactions to getting outplayed in that series. Asham's cheapshot, Letang's hush mocking the crowd (he really made an idiot of himself), Crosby pushing the glove thing. They are really competitive guys and I think their composure got the best of themselves. As far as retribution, I don't really get the talk here about returning a perceived or real cheapshot with another cheapshot. Hit Neal as often and as hard as you want, challenge him to a fight (one he will likely decline against one of your tougher fighters so would Giroux or any other star player). Just my 2 cents.

You know what I confused last season with 2010-2011 so the Pens were not the dirtiest team last season. I apologize for that.

But the point is, all of my friends who are Pens fans and many who talk on message boards constantly talk about the Flyers being a "dirty" team. Which I cannot dispute with because they are always at or near the top in PIM's and fighting majors. BUT, when the Pens do it, they see no problem with it since they're just competitive and lost their composure. If that's the case, then so are the Flyers.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote