View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 04:00 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=32044827&postcount=189 (if some people wanna look it up again)

Rollins was sent in the minor, but was never given a chance by the Hawks to find another NHL job, which I believe he would of been able to secure in 1958 and 1959. Even in his stint with the Rangers in 1960 (where he was absolutely brilliant), the Hawks try to prevent Rollins to play for the Rangers. To say that Rollins was 'done' after 1957, would be very wrong to assume.

I have been following the exercise since the beginning, but not enough to venture and give a strong opinion. However, I do have a soft spot for Al Rollins. I am unsure what Mike Liut brings to the table that Rollins doesn't. I'm always ready to be swing away by argument, but if my man isn't in the top-4, I want to see good reasons!

I assume Lundqvist and Connell are shoe in. Very surprise to see the wide range of opinion on Cheevers (always had Cheevers under both Giacomin and Vachon, but outside top-40?)
The fact that Rollins received more All Star votes than any goalie other than the big 3 in his last full NHL season (even though he was far behind 3rd) is pretty solid evidence that he was probably good enough to be a starter for some team when he got sent down.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote