View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
That's what I'm saying. I just don't want people to interpret: ''sent down to minor'', as ''not good enough to play in the NHL anymore''. Actually, I would believe that Rollins was still such a good goaltender that it's the reason the Hawks prevented him to play anywhere else in 1958 & 1959. I remember Rollins sued the Hawks for that reason.
And in case anyone checked out of the previous thread a little early -- the reason Rollins was sent down was that the Hawks had landed Glen Hall, and Rollins had some sort of friction with coach/GM Tommy Ivan.

(This is me speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the friction arose from Ivan constantly spending resources to acquire goalies like Hall and Lumley to compete with Rollins, considering the problems they had at other positions)

It's not like there was more than maybe one other guy in the world who could have kept that job, and it's not like Rollins really deserved his fate in the minors. And all that is AFTER being stuck behind Turk Broda till he was 25.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote