View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Joey24

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I don't get how this is a good thing, you do know you have reimer and scrivens in net this season right?.

Sure you don't wanna pay, but that does not mean u guys are in any better situation.

I don't get the clapping, It's like you are saying "YES! we got the worst goaltending tandem in the nhl!".

If the leafs don't go after luongo, they better as hell go after somebody else, because they have little chance making any playoffs with the current goalies.

I am trying hard to understand some people on here, As a fan of both the canucks (mostly) and the leafs (love the young talent), It really does make my mind boggle when I notice how happy people are with the goaltending situation they have.

flame away
Um I don't think you took anything away from that article did you? He's not going to make short term fixes, he's looking to the future past this season and if the right moves come up he will make them. I agree we got a decent prospect base now, the best we have had since I can remember. There is no point in depleting that to plug 1 hole when you still got several other large holes to fill.

Brian Burke set this team up for the future, and we have some good building blocks in place, a solid young defensive core with one of the top defensive prospects in the world in our system. The new CBA will give Nonis more opportunity to make moves Burke couldn't make before. And this summer will have quite a bit of flexibility to really mold this team in his own image because of Burke's cap management leading up to the CBA.

I think Nonis will do a good job here, and if he is able to land 1-2 key free agents this summer he will look like a genius, but when all is said and done, no one should forget the positive things Brian Burke did for this team the most notable could be the situation he left the leafs in for this coming summer.

Joey24 is offline   Reply With Quote