Old
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Kelly
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Send a message via ICQ to Kelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Well yeah, one/both of Holzer/Fraser are going to get roster spots as a result of that, and with good reason. It's the same reason that Kostka, despite having a ridiculous year, is in a real uphill battle. Btw, is he still around or did he get cut?

As for betting on it -- probably not a great call. Either of these guys should be fine as a #7, with Komisarek on the bottom pair and somebody better than him in the top 4... but right now we've got guys playing above where they should be.
Pretty sure Kostka is still around. I think I read on twatter that he was on the top line with Phaneuf in the scrimmages today. Although I can't see him making the leafs with having guys like Liles/Gardiner/Phaneuf/Franson on the powerplay and then Riellys 5 game stint which I'm assuming he will get.

Should of clarified myself better, I'm not betting on that they will "make it", but betting on that they won't be key shutdown guys for us which we are desperately lacking. As happy as I am that we acquired JVR, we could really use a guy that has a similar game to Luke Schenn right now.

Kelly is online now   Reply With Quote