Thread: Confirmed with Link: Claude Giroux named Captain of the Flyers
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Swic21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't understand comments like these in reference to this type of decision. The coach and the team know who the best player to be Captain is. We have no idea what goes on in the locker room or on the ice in terms of who is the team leader. The only people that know that are the coaches and players. He's young, but there are young captains across the NHL who aren't imploding because of the C. If you have seen something that leads you to believe he is not the leader the team thinks he is, or that he doesn't have the mental capacity to handle it, please share these reasons because I certainly haven't seen anything to the contrary.
My opinion (which I know means nothing lol) is that the captain should always go to a veteran player that's been through it all. A player that's faced every kinda adversity thrown at him. A very experienced warrior.
Kimmon Timonen even states in his interview that the only thing Giroux may be lacking is experience. So why thrust the captaincy upon an inexperienced player? What's the rush to give Giroux the captaincy when Kimmo and Danny are both better fitted for the job and they are both done in a year or two.
Giving Giroux the captaincy is a given. He's our best player by leaps and bounds. Conducts himself professionally on and off the ice. I just think its a little soon for him to get it. My opinion.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote