Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Alex Kovalev to sign a 1-year deal with the Panthers
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 07:49 PM
SensIn7

vCash: 500
This is great news!! He's one of my all-time favourite players to watch. As a sens fan who lived in MTL for many years, he was one of the only reasons I watched habs games..just waiting for the odd moment every game (or few games) when he would do a sick dangle, a one-handed backhand flip pass, deke forecheckers out of their pants on an end-to-end rush (usually to cough the puck up at the offensive blue line), or knock off his own helmet and instantly turn on beast mode. I really enjoyed these moments in MTL and since I wasn't a true habs fan, I didn't get too worked up with all the negatives/inconsistency he brings to the game. I was excited when the sens signed him, although I knew quite well what they were getting into and realized it's a lot harder to put up with him when he's playing for your true #1 team. So I'm sure Florida fans will get frustrated with the guy, especially since he has clearly lost a step or two, but as a fan of the player (and not the team) I am thrilled to have him back and wish him all the best! But the only way this isn't a total disaster is if they sign him to a $0.5-$1.5M deal and make it clear to him upfront that he will get the 3rd/4th line minutes that go along with a salary like that and will only get more minutes if he shows that he deserves it.

SensIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote