View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Sorry, but I will pass. Johansson and Ward are the only tenured NHLers, and the latter has been a major disappointment since he hit pay-dirt. He's your problem...not ours.

I like Johansson, but not enough to lose the physicality and strong two-way play (incl. a SH scoring threat) that Benn brings.

Forsberg and Galiev, whilst being good prospects, simply add to our current glut of prospects at the wings. Center prospects are better preferred.

The 1st in 2015, as someone pointed out, is too far away to entice us.

BTW, why do you want $2m of Morrow's salary held back? He's UFA this off-season, y'know and if we're to pay him $2m, you basically end up paying him close-to-nothing considering his pro-rated salary for 48 games is $2.4m.
I'm guessing it may be needed for the cap to work.

I was trying to include at least 2 A class pieces going to each team so it didn't look like those typical Bozak+MacArthur for your everything trades. Johansson is a downgrade on Benn, yes, but he is already a 50 point center with good hockey sense and elite wheels, 2 years younger than Benn as well. Forsberg was by many considered a top 5 prospect for this draft, people were even more shocked by his fall than Grigorienko's. If Niewendyk had decided that he couldn't come to terms with Benn he'd be getting back 2 prospects/young players with A class pedigree and that 1st could turn into something. You never want 1st rounders until the draft, then you can't get enough of them since ZOMG TERAVAINEN IS STILL THERE AT 18. If these went through I anticipate us losing on all 3 long term, but that's the price for having all those players on your team at the same time.

Ward is there for salary but he hasn't been as bad as people think. Nystrom-Fiddler-Ward would be an extremely good 3rd line.

Obviously now that Benn is signed it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Halpysback: 01-17-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote