Thread: Confirmed with Link: The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I think sixty five games is the important part of that. How many games did we give slugs like Pouliot and JFJ?

I know Omark had weaknesses, but at least when he had the puck you got the feeling that something was about to happen beyond the predictable muffin into crest on goalie's sweater.

I think Omark deserved more games in the NHL but he probably pissed Tamby off with his cocky attitude. That combined with being a shrimp and a low draft choice are what sealed his fate here imo. Witness the fact that MPS seems to be staying up in the NHL despite having done absolutely nothing to warrant that opportunity. Some players get more chances than others.

Was that before or after his coach said the same thing?
JFJ and Pouliot brought other intangibles. And granted the Pouliot experiment went on far to long but he was a first round draft pick (in hindsight a bad one). So maybe that warranted the long look...IDK?? Whether we gave Omark the shot in the NHL he desrves or not doesn't really matter anymore. He is a known quantity now and teams aren't lining up for his services. A top six spot on any NHL roster is tough for any pro hockey player to get and many spend their careers trying to earn the opportunity and ice time. Definitly not a spot where a team wants to experiment with.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote