Old
12-12-2003, 07:50 PM
aylib
User and abuser

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
With two # 1 goalies, in a losing season thus far, do we tade one of them? It was easy keepig them happy last year, we were winning, made the playoffs and were having fun. I know it is still early and if we go on a streak like we did to start the season last year we will be in the 6-8 spot again. But it s obvious that we need help, we had one of our best younger D men up this year and he did not cut it, Michalek is like a -14 in houston, Wanvig, Vellieux, and Wallin are coming along but they had their chances and show they still need work. The rangers, isles and atlanta are looking to make the make playoffs and have poor GA. Do we shop one now, later, after the seaon, or never. And who? Rolo IMO is playing better, only by a small margin, Manny is younger.
The 3 teams that you have mentioned:
Isles have DiPietro as their #1, he is on pace for over 50 games, Snow is a decent backup, although they do need some sort of shakup on the oong isalnd.
Atl has a log jam with Nurminen, Dafoe, Hurme, Lehtonen. I dont know if they would be willing to add another one to the mix.
NYR-Fernandez/Roloson aren't a proven upgrade over Dunham.
I dont thin'k a goalie is a hot item in the NHL these days.
Myself, I would rather see one of the skaters being traded if there was a trade coming our way.