View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
I like the Mallet pick. How many hard hitting, skilled fighters does our prospect pool have? If he makes it, I think he could be very useful. Not that Severson wouldn't be, but we have Tanev, Corrado, Mcnally, Tommernes that are young legit hopefuls. Mallet fills a dire need imo, and if he pulls it all together he could be an high impact energy guy, responsible enough for a regular shift, and chip in a few goals here and there. We know he would've been taken by another team somewhere before our next pick, and no matter the outcome - I like that management took action instead of hoping their guy would slide to them, only to lose out and not address a more pressing need, as Canucks are set on D for the near-longish future.
Developing really good young role players is a worthwhile endeavour. A guy like Hansen is a great example. He's been making big contributions on this team for a few years and he's still a great deal. Teams that don't have to overpay them in FA and the rest of your lineup can suffer. I wouldn't trade Hansen for Joel Ward and makes 2.5 x as much money.