View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
As a Wings fan and a realist let me address it all. The Wings are no longer a stanley cup contender and there are in danger of missing the playoffs this year due to the weakest defense in decades.

As for the prospects we're all hoping they turn into stars some might or they may not. They have a pretty good prospect pool one of their deepest in years but there are problems within the pool. The defense depth is weaker and most are far away from the NHL. The forwards are a mix bunch some high skill but small size and some bigger ones that arent peforming that well. In goal Mrazek looks like a stud prospect but it's early for that as this his only his first AHL season. Smith will probably be a good offensive defensmen but his defensive game is suspect. Nyquist looks like a 2nd liner or possible 1st liner. Star probably not but dependable player like Filppula is more likely. No one really knows how they will all turn out. Jarnkrok has tons of talent and may remind people of a young Zetterberg but that is yet to be determined he has to still gain lots of muscle and adapt to NA ice so who knows.

I would love Bogosian on Detroit have wanted him on my team for years. At the very least he'll be a depenable 3rd defensemen for many years but his upside is top pairing and he'll probably get there in time. Trouba looks absolutely phenomenal and reminds me alot of Konstantinov. Winnipeg would be smart to keep them both. But if they decide to move Bogosian it wont be until Trouba is in the NHL and has established himself (which wont be long)
Having both Bogo and Trouba develop to their full potential is a very good thing for the Jets and why would they want to move one. By the time that happens Buff will be in his 30's and likely losing a step and would more likely be the guy they will move. Enstrom would still be young enough to give the Jets a top end defense group.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote