View Single Post
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
It Stinks
vCash: 50
All depends on what your definition of bust would be.

Despres probably isn't going to be a special player, but he's already looking like a NHL defender and should be counted on to be a #4 guy fairly soon.
Pouliot has probably the highest ceiling and lowest floor of the bunch, so he sorta wins by my definition by default.
Morrow's game has been tweaked and it all depends on how he builds on's hard to read into his play this year because of how much is changing yet...but there is a very real chance that he doesn't take to things.
Määttä is a pretty safe prospect in my eyes, even though he's far from NHL-ready...but like Despres he probably doesn't have much of a shot of being a legitimate first pairing guy. He just has such a quietly efficient game that I can't see him struggling to adapt to the pro game. Mind you I was adamant that Määttä would be a top 10 pick before the draft, so obviously I've thought highly of him for a while.

Pouliot has the highest chance of busting of the group...but I really don't think he's going to bust. I do believe all four of these guys are going to be solid NHL defenders...just probably not all playing up to their ceilings. I'm voting Despres just because his decision-making worries me. I can see that putting him into a career as a great third pairing/okay second pairing guy.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 01-17-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote